Survey of Bristol Bay commercial fishermen; 85% oppose Pebble – 4% support it.
A recent poll of commercial fishermen of Bristol Bay finds strong opposition the proposed Pebble mine and deep concerns about its possible impacts:
- 85% of Bristol Bay commercial fishermen oppose Pebble; 4% support it and 11% are neutral or undecided.
- 97% agree that Pebble will result in destruction of salmon habitat.
- 77% believe that jeopardizes the existing Bristol Bay fishing industry and that Pebble and commercial fishing are not compatible.
- 90% say that the mining industry is not capable of protecting salmon in Bristol Bay.
- 61% think that fishermen should be more forceful in their opposition to the mine.
Download the full report below.